Sunday, September 23, 2007

How I use Facebook

My first feeling about Facebook when I discovered it 6 months ago was "cool, I could find old friends and exchange my pictures with new" but also "oh, and what about my privacy?"

I've hesitated giving my real name on the website, but I would be very stupid giving a pseudonym if I wanted to be find by friends... I've just decided no to giving a lot of personal informations (as for example my phone number, adress and mail) and refused to let my entire profile be seen by everybody.

What I really appreciate with Facebook are funny groups (as a way of showing his personal interests and sense of humour) and multiple degrees of keeping in touch with his friends : from the most public (wall, social feeds and gifts) to the classical but how useful inbox.

Most of Facebook applications are gagdets and not very adapted to the design of the profile page. To chaotic and heavy. But interesting for developers students and starts-up, I guess.

The Facebook song :)

No comments: