Thursday, November 8, 2007

Google is useful but worried


How I use Google and the Google services?
The most positive but also worried thing about Google and its Google services is the centrality. All Google services are in the same place. When you create an account, you can choose wich services you want to use and how you want to present your google page, feeds and pictures. The main services I use are :
  • Gmail for my emails,
  • Google docs for sharing documents with my friends (we share cours, homeworks, ideas together) or for working online on my thesis or other things,
  • Google Webmasters Tools for having specific webtools,
  • Blogger : my blog and two others are made with blogger which is very simple and useful if you don't want to create a sophisticated blog.
Other services I use are not specific : blog browser, specific Google browser (just as the linux browser here), Picasa (for sharing photos)...

What I like with Google is that all the services you need on the Net is given by the Google Services. But, what I dislike so much is the monopoly of the company in the domain. Can we really trust Google? I've read a lot of articles about the security problems, the fact that all your informations are kept by Google. We don't know what they could made with it (a first example : put specific adds at the top of your email box in fonction of the content of your emails)




No comments: