Friday, October 5, 2007

Geek culture

I'm so fond of people who can live for their passion, don't ask themselves to many questions and keep their mind in the same direction, to the goal of their life. I've always been very interesting by this kind of passionate people : artists who spend their time drawing alone, passionated business men who found successful or completely crazy companies, and, of course, geeks.


Geeks and hackers are just a passionate community cause of their capacity to forget the world around them, the survey boundaries (except drink coffee and bier ;), the real social life and concentrate them on their passions : computers, games, programming and all.

That's why I've decided to work on geek culture during this year, for my master report. I haven't found a lot of books on it (except the excellent one of Pekka Himanen, Linus Torvalds and Manuel Castells about The Hacker Ethic) but I've already a lot of ideas to begin to work.

No comments: