Friday, October 5, 2007

Twitter

I use Twitter but my friends aren't. So I haven't seen all the possibilities of this new web application even if I'm very exciting about it. It's a very special kind of social network. I don't think it's a real social network but it's a good complement to keep in touch with his friends.

When you're a member of the Twitter website, you have a page profile on which you can (and HAVE TO) say what you're doing right now. But a lot of people don't use it only to say this kind of thing. Channels and online newspapers have discovered new functions of Twitter, who seemed to be not so interesting on first view. They inform us in real time, in a very few words. With Twitter, we have the quintessence of information about your friends and the world.

I don't use Twitter on the Twitter website but on my Facebook profile. When Facebook has allowed everyone to create new applications for them, Twitter has proposed a little application that you can put on your profile page to show to your friends what you're doing. It's a very simple way for me to say something about me to my friends and to show that I think to them.

Professionally, it can be a very useful idea. Propose in real time new ideas to coworkers, show on which projects you're working, explain what you're thinking about news or other informations and of course see what are doing your coworkers can be a good way to make work more efficient.

No comments: