Saturday, October 13, 2007

Why I've decided to use GNU/Linux

Since now four months, I use Kubuntu on my laptop. I'm totally fond of my new OS. Installation was fast and easy. The GUI is very user-friendly and I've quickly forgotten Windows XP. What is good with this distribution is the possibility of customizing each element of the interface very easily . I've downloaded and installed icons pack for my tasks bar and change order and names of the K Menu's elements. In the contrary of Windows there is no .exe files and no need to download weird softwares on websites. To install new packages, go in your Adept Install Manager (a library of all the Debian packages available) and click on install. The package find automatically its right place on your computer and appear in the previous category in your menu - as games, multimedia, internet or what you want.

Of course, problems are possible but help forums are very active and I think each problem can find its solution on Internet. My main problems (read DVDs, use my webcam) will be soon solve.

I don't think I will change of OS until a long time :)

1 comment:

Alex said...

what the fuck.

We really don't care when you talk about yourself.
You're such a geek.

YOU'RE A MEMBER OF THE JUNIOR ENTREPRISE, SHAME ON YOU.